Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Thankless or Thankful

The trees are in full color now and the  summer's hot breath has turned into a soft coolness that speaks of the winter months to come. Things are cozy and coffee is in hand as I write.

As I sit here I think about all the things I'm so thankful for. I have a roof over my head, a beautiful family, a Savior who loves me, and a beautiful day ahead. You know those times when you just feel blessed and overwhelmed by the goodness of God? That is me in this moment.

I wish I could say that every moment of the day I was thanking the Lord. The truth is, I have a fairly thankless heart. I am selfish and prideful. Often times I forget about the blessings I see daily. I forget that we have a beautiful home. I forget that all of us are healthy. I forget that we are so so so amazingly fortunate. I forget that there are people out there shivering in the cold and wondering where their next meal will come from. How is it that I could possibly forget? I'm not really sure. All I know is that I earnestly ask the Lord to give me a heart that is thankful for even the struggles. Thankful for every waking moment that I get to be a part of His wonderful plan and creation.

Thank You Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hello! I'm Rachel, a 21 year old wife, mother, homemaker, and art teacher. I love Jesus and am striving to follow His leading every step of the way. I am married to the man of my dreams and find it a wonderful and fulfilling call to be a help-meet, friend, and companion to my loved husband. Blessings Always, Rachel